Please can you complete the attached form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then be able to see if we have any horses, ponies or donkeys available to adopt or foster for your requirements.
- Click here to download our HHCU Adoption Application form
- Click here to download our Foster Application form
If you can offer the following:
- sound equine knowledge
- stabling and paddocks
- access to veterinarians
- TIME to spend with fostered horses
- the financial ability to feed and care for the horses
Please contact the Unit: email@example.com or call 081 598 3842 or 091 573 4098.
Our foster parents for the security horses confiscated continue to care for their charges-we could not have managed this case without them and we extend our grateful thanks to them. All of the foster homes are visited by Nadia on a regular basis, and the horses look great!
While foster care is temporary, rehoming is permanent.
The Highveld Horse Care Unit (HHCU) sometimes has horses and ponies which are sound in mind and body and are of an age where they can be re-homed. If you are in a position to give a horse or pony a permanent home, please follow the procedure below or contact the HHCU at 081 598 3842 or 081 573 4098.
Rehoming is a serious business and requires long-term commitment. The procedure is as follows:
1. Complete the prescribed application form below (applicants must be over 18 years old)
Anyone over 18 may make an application or an adult may apply on behalf of a minor on the form provided.
2. The HHCU equines may not be used for commercial purposes and are therefore not placed in riding schools, pleasure resorts etc.
3. Applications will be kept on record at the HHCU for an average of six month period
1. Subject to their suitability, the rehomer will be invited to the Highveld Farm to meet prospective equine and to ensure their compatibility.
2. Once placed, the HHCU will inspect the equine unannounced at regular intervals.
1. The rehomer will be required to meet the cost of transporting the equine to their premises and its return to the HHCU if applicable.
FEES AND COSTS
1. No fees are involved other than expenses incurred by the HHCU, i.e. in the rehabilitation of the equine, registration and administrative costs.
2. Whilst in their care, all costs relating to the equine are to be met by the rehomer
1. The HHCU will inspect the equine unannounced at regular intervals.
2. The HHCU maintains the right to remove any equine found to be in ill health or mistreated or if any of the conditions of the adoption agreement is breached.
1. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY THE EQUINE BE SOLD, LOANED, REHOMED OR GIVEN TO ANY OTHER PARTY. IT REMAINS THE PROPERTY OF THE HIGHVELD HORSE CARE UNIT.
1. All rehomers will be required to sign an Equine Rehoming Policy, which sets out the terms and conditions of the rehoming.