Caring for equines is a costly operation, as any horse owner knows! It costs us on average a thousand rand a month to keep one horse at the Unit. It is not possible for us to keep horses on a permanent basis – we would love to be a retirement center – but we have to spend our precious funds where they are needed most, and that is to bring in needy cases, rehabilitate, and re- home!
We cannot do this without your donations.
If you do not have a credit card, you are still able to donate to us using our direct banking details:
Racing Association, National Horse Trust
Standard Bank, North End
Branch Code: 05021700
Acccount No: 080563473
Highveld Horse Care Unit
First National Bank Meyerton
Branch Code: 250137
A/C No: 53010034238
reference: Website donation
Donation Terms and Conditions
Please read the following carefully and ensure you are familiar with these terms before proceeding. You must not make a payment or donation through this website or by direct deposit unless you understand and agree to these terms and conditions.
- ‘HHCU’ refers to the NHT Highveld Horsecare Unit, a registered non-profit organization, and a company not having share capital, incorporated under section 21 of the Companies Act 61 of 1973.
- All donations will be given to the HHCU. The HHCU reserves all rights with regards to how any donations are allocated and spent.
- All transactions will be made in South African Rands (ZAR).
- Donations may be made either by credit card or by direct deposit.
- Direct deposits may be made into the following bank account:
Bank: First National Bank
Reference: website donation
- All credit card transactions are processed by Virtual Card Services. For any queries with regards to Virtual Card Services or to view their terms and conditions please see www.vcs.co.za.
a. Security: Virtual Card Services secures all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit secure socket layer encrypted. The company registration document and site’s registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, assuring the card holder and the merchant that nobody can impersonate Virtual Card Services to obtain confidential information.
b. Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information while completing online transactions. The internet servers of Virtual Card Services are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
c. The HHCU does not have access to any credit card details, and as such will accept no liability for any direct or consequential loss as a result of the use of credit card donations to the site.
- Returns / refunds policy: Should you for any reason wish to cancel your donation, this must be done within 30 days from the date of the original donation. You will be liable for a 15% handling fee. You must advise the HHCU in writing of your intention to cancel, and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original payment or donation, and/or in the case of a credit card by the credit card owner.
- Monthly donations:Should you agree to the monthly donations, these will be deducted monthly from your credit card for the period specified in the original donation. Should you wish to cancel these monthly donations, you must advise the HHCU in writing of your intention to cancel. The HHCU will then inform VCS of the cancelation. Please note you will be liable for the payment of the month within which you cancel, but no handling fee will be charged.
Unless a request is submitted in writing to the the HHCU and Virtual Card Services, you will not receive any monthly statements or reminders of these deductions from HHCU or Virtual Card Services.
- Jurisdiction and choice of law: These terms will be governed by South African Law.
- The donor consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction in terms of section 28 of the Magistrate’s Court Act as amended. The HHCU reserves the right to institute proceedings or file a counterclaim in the division of the High Court of South Africa having jurisdiction.