- Sponsorship of a Vet one day a month
If we had the services of a vet one day a month, we would be able to geld 8-10 township stallions a month – not enough, but a good start!
- Sponsorship of one Township Inspector
We are inundated with calls for assistance with township working horses and donkeys all over the country. We only have two inspectors dedicated to this, and they have one vehicle between the two of them. The above would cover salary and fuel.
- Township Inspection vehicle
We need a vehicle for our township inspector. Our vehicles have all got a very high mileage. We do our best to keep them well maintained, but even this is probing very expensive, and we are putting off certain repairs in order to keep the animals at the Unit fed and cared for.
HHCU is only here because of your donations, no matter how small.
Donations can also be deposited into our account:
Highveld Horse Care Unit
First National Bank Meyerton,
Branch Code 250137
A/C No. 53010034238
You don’t need to be a millionaire or even an adult to help. You can raise awareness by becoming a fan of our our Facebook page and invite all your friends to join it.
VOLUNTEERS – just your time!
We are often approached by concerned people who volunteer to assist us with carrying out inspections. Unfortunately, this is not legally possible, as there are many legal implications.
- We welcome volunteers to the Unit to help with the animals in our care, but need people who have practical experience with equines. Unfortunately, we do not have the staff to supervise and teach volunteers.
- People who wish to volunteer but have no equine knowledge can help with cleaning tack, stables, and carrying out repairs etc.,
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult preferably with equine knowledge.
- An indemnity form must be signed by all volunteers.
We often need volunteers to help us by manning PR stalls at events on our behalf.
DONATE YOUR OLD/UNUSED TACK – just a little effort!
We desperately need second hand tack and blankets to improve poor, dangerous and damaged harnessing in the townships.
We also sell donated tack in our second hand tack shop at the Unit.
You can also help us by telling us if you have anything that we could make use of here at Highveld Horse Care Unit.
To do so please click here and give us your details and we will contact you!